Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy New Year!

I can't believe how time flies! Wait--yes I can. It is really amazing to see how our family made it all the way through 2008. We had ups and downs, but mostly ups and for that we are so thankful. Dave no longer has such a loooooong commute, yeah! We definately see him more and are back on track with "Family Night"--(not momily night) and we are loving it. The kids love our Taco Tuesday night of picking up taco's for really cheap and finding a new park to go to each week. It is one way to help them learn the days of the week! We love our new neighborhood and the friends we have met.

We are also thankful for the many family members and friends who have referred others to Acorn Academy. I was very uncertain with how the turn out would be due to starting so late, but it is all coming together and each of my students have made it such a huge success this year! I am really looking forward to this fall to continue teaching. Madison has been a real trooper and is making some adjustments with mom being her teacher. She is such a great helper with getting lessons ready, coloring , cutting and preparations for class. I really couldn't do it without all of her help! It will be sad to not have her in class with me next year, but at the same time it will be really good for Jacob to stand on his own!

All of the kids are doing great! This last year Madison turned 5, Jacob 3 and Brooklyn 1! They are sooo fun and add so much to my life. I am beginning to settle down as a mom--finally--and enjoy most of the moments we have together. We work through the tantrums, the independence and the manipulation--and at the end of the day I get to peek in on the slumbering little ones and kiss them goodnight! I love those last good night kisses!


As for Christmas pictures, I will post them soon. I realize I need a blog with pictures--so I will get on it.

2 comments:

Muggy Moments said...

An update!!!! Yea.....cute pics...you should have included the kids Christmas caroling when they delivered the cookies...that was the best part (at least for me)...love ya!!!!!

alison said...

glad you reminded me of that! I forgot about that--whoops! It really was cute to watch them parade our neighborhood with carols and treats! Thanks